In India, Driving license is an official document that authorizes its owner to operate different types of vehicles on roads. In some of the Indian states, Driving license are administered by the Regional Transport Authorities Offices (RTA\ RTO) Documents required for applying to the application form.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for a Driving license?
- The applicant must be of at least 16 years for obtaining the license of 2 wheeler but without gear.
- Person must have completed 18 years of the age to get the license for 2 wheeler with gear, Motor car, Tractor and other Non-transport vehicles.
- If you are going to apply for transport vehicles, should have passed 8th standard and 20 years of age. 1 year experience of light weight vehicle driving is mandatory.
Application fee for the Application of Driving Examination.
- 25 The fee for Learning License and Driving License has to be paid together.Rs.25/-as test fee plus Rs.30/- per category of vehicle that is required to be paid for Learning License.
- 200/- for a Smart Card Driving License and Rs.50/- per category of vehicle is required to be paid for Driving License.
What is the procedure of examination for Driving license?
- Computer test will be conducting.
- Subject like Rules and Regulations of traffic, and traffic signage’s are included the test.
- 15 questions will be asked in the test at random, out of which 11 questions are required to be answered correctly to pass the test.
- 48 seconds are allowed to answer each question.
- Candidate failing in the test can appear for the re-test after a gap of 24 hours.
- Candidate, who has learning license or driving license and is seeking to apply for an additional category of driving license in the existing driving license, is exempted from the knowledge test on computer.
Some other tips to obtain the permanent driving license:
- You can appear for the driving test after a gap of 30 days.
- The driving test is conducted on the same of vehicle when the application is made for getting the Driving License.
- The Driving test is necessary for obtaining the Permanent Driving license.
Renewal of Driving License
- Driving license is valid till the date as shown in the driving license.
- A grace period of 30 days is granted for renewal of driving license.
- If, a driving license holder comes for renewal within a period of 5 years from the date of expiry, he is exempted from test, but license is valid from date of renewed license.
- Application in Form-9 attached with original Driving License should be made for renewal of driving license.
- Medical Certificate in Form-1-A is required to be produced, if, applicant has completed 50 years of age or is applying for renewal of driving license for a transport vehicle.
- A fee of Rs.50/- with a smart card fee of Rs.200/- is required to be paid, if, application is made within the period.
- For delay, an additional fee of Rs.50/- for every year of such delay is required to be paid.
- In case of original driving license is from other R.T.O. or State, then N.O.C. of concerned with R.T.O. should be attached.
Change in details of driving license or obtaining a duplicate
- Application should be made in Form L.L.D. with details of original driving license and a fee of Rs.200/- should be paid.
- In case applicant has forgotten number of original smart card, then, he can apply for information regarding it by making an application indicating his name, address, date of birth and is required to be pay a fee of Rs.25/-.
- To change details of driving license like name, address, etc., then, an application on plain paper with a smart card fee of Rs.200/- is required to be made.
- O.C. from the original licensing authority should be obtained and attached with the application.
International Driving License or Permit
- To get the International driving license, application in Form 4 (A) should be made along with the Medical Certificate in Form – 1 (A).
- Copy of Existing driving license. Copy of passport, visa and three passport size photographs should be attached with the application.
- 500/- INR is required to be paid for this purpose.
- A permit is issued for a period of one year or till the validity of existing driving license, whichever is earlier.
- Duplicate International Driving Permit is not issued or renewed after expiry.
- After expiry of International Driving Permit it is not renewed.
- Such license is issued only for Indian citizen and they are required to be presented in R.T.O. in person.